Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Now I really need a vacation - NZ here I come!

Isn’t it ironic that every time just before your vacation you suddenly get so busy that you actually don’t know where left and right is anymore? I normally manage to schedule my workload so well that I don’t have to ever think about work outside of work hours, but this week sure hit me like truck. Funny enough everything has to be finished before I leave, as if I would never come back or take three month off.


I am going to New Zealand the day after tomorrow, and I am very much looking forward to it. It will only be for nine days but I am sure I will enjoy every bit of it.


It has been over a year since my last vacation and after this week I sure feel like I need a month off.

One thing I have learned today though is that you need to speak up, when you need help. Once put forward to the boss that I might not be able to finish everything despite staying back till all hours of the night, really made a difference... Fist of all we figured out what really needed to be done urgently and then got some of the coworkers to give me a hand as well.


I am funny when it comes to working, for some reason I always want to do it myself. I guess that comes from my parents constant reminder “if you want it done right, do it yourself” and as much as that is hammered into my head, I am learning to let go of this belief and actually enjoy being helped.


I will not be able to write any blogs in the next ten days, but I will make sure to tell you all about New Zealand when I get back. Hope you have a great week



No comments:

Post a Comment