Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Family holiday in Australia

It already has been an eventful start to the year. I am sorry I haven’t gotten around writing on my blog in a long time, but I have been very busy; mostly with the organizing and entertaining of my family’s visit to Australia.

We had a great time traveling across Australia. Our first trip went to the outback, Uluru (Ayers Rock,) the Olgas and Kings Canyon. Also we went during summer, we were lucky enough to have only 32 degrees Celsius and a nice breeze to cool us down. I was expecting a much hotter weather…

After an eventful 3 days of walking through the spectacular scenery and learning about the fauna, flora and indigenous history, we took off to Cairns in North Queensland. We picked up two six berth campervans to accommodate eight people in total. The drive down to Sydney was long but also action-packed. We explored the cold stream of Mossman Gorge went to a snorkeling and boating safari in the Whitsundays and watched dolphins in Forster.

Back in The Sydney area we went to explore the Blue Mountains and Sydney city, including a stroll (5 hours) in the botanic gardens, a visit to the Aquarium and zoo and a bathroom stop at the Opera house.

The three weeks went far too quick and before we knew it, it was time to say good bye again. Naturally I am quite upset to let my family go again, especially because I don’t expect to see them for another 4-5 years.

I will tell you more in detail next time and will include some photos as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment