Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Success is key to happiness!

Success can mean a lot of things to different people, it starts with the most modest things like negotiating with your daughter to wear something you would pick instead of their random choosing of a ballerina dress in the middle of winter, or actually packing your own lunch instead of buying it from the fast-food shop across the office.


When we conventionally think of success we might think of a new deal at work or a happy client, more money in the bank and the boss giving us a well deserved pat on the back.


To feel successful, I set little goals and when I complete them or stick to them I get a feeling of achievement – I succeeded and when I outdo my goal I feel even better about myself. The key is to set realistic goals, don’t raise the bar too high, but make sure you do raise the bar and actually have to achieve something to reach the goal. If your goals are too high you will set yourself up for failure and that comes with a really bad feeling of unworthiness. So stay realistic…


My goal five weeks ago was to loose some excess weight I had been carrying around for quite some time. I am not overweight or anything, just felt that I needed a good detox again and flush out my body to kick start a healthier routine. Winter always presents me with a nice gift of extra kilos, as it does to many other people especially women.

On top of feeling really sluggish I also came down with a cold and had some skin blemishes that I wanted gone. My goal was to loose one or two kilos whilst eating healthy and doing some walking daily.


Today I weigh myself for the first time and measured how many cm I have lost around my waist, chest and hips. I am so pleased with the results. I lost 4 kilos, and 17 cm all up and I didn’t even try really hard. I hope nobody put a spell on me like the one in the ‘Stephen King’ book ‘Thinner’…


I feel great and for the first time I didn’t starve myself or beat myself up every time I didn’t follow the ‘diet’ correctly. You can probably imagine how successful I feel today; it makes me happy. So this day can only be good….


My next goal will be to keep living healthy with lots of fresh fruit and veggies, less processed food and keep going for a daily walk. I also want to work on my family life and find more time for fun.


To Success!



No comments:

Post a Comment